Monday, December 7, 2009

Back to black: Cambridge and Boston



I first realized that I wore too much black when an aunt took me aside to say, "Cherie, it's been three years since grandma died. You no longer have to be in mourning."



The second time was when a cousin was looking through my closet and said, "Damn, Tini. Why do you have so many black clothes? Ever heard of color?"



So since then, I've diversified my wardrobe a bit. I made tentative steps, and included grey, blue, brown and even camel in my wardrobe.  Then ruby, salmon, emerald, raspberry, turquoise, chartreuse....I loooove color now and tend to mix them liberally--jewel tones in particular. Despite my love of color, though, I tend to default to black and white at times...sometimes, the simplicity of those colors call to me.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Gretchen Weiners said...

I'm officially lusting after that plaid tunic! Does anyone know the designer or where it's from?

December 8, 2009 at 10:14 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Gretchen, its Jess, I'm the one in the plaid. Its Max Mara.

December 8, 2009 at 1:46 PM  
Anonymous Susie Sarcasm said...

Jess must have learned her style at Harvard Law. I hear they're all fashionistas, right Jess? Guess who ;)

December 8, 2009 at 10:53 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

That second one is so my favorite look right now. Must put together an exact copy.

December 9, 2009 at 12:07 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home