Thursday, November 12, 2009

In living color: Cambridge



I was rushing to an appointment when I caught these two colors in my periphery. I can only imagine what someone who was watching me thought.  There I was half running when I halted to a stop half a block after passing this young woman. I quickly turn back to fully take in what captured my attention.  I thought to myself, of course, makes complete sense. 

I love these two colors together.  Just the day before I took this picture, someone asked me, how do you know what colors go together? I was wearing a salmon sweater, a hot pink tank top and orange and blue bangles. Sounds weird as I described it, but it worked. I responded, well, if it works in nature, it'll work in life.  I told her to think of a sunset, or of the brilliant colored fish in the movie Finding Nemo or to think of her favorite flowers...I don't know if she bought my response, as she looked very skeptical.  In any case, I'm really digging the purple and yellow together.

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

OMG. That's my friend Faye. COOOLLLL!!!!

November 12, 2009 at 10:12 AM  
Blogger judith black said...

LA Lakers colors...and probably many other teams have them!

November 12, 2009 at 11:55 AM  
Blogger Jane said...

I totally agree! I love and have always loved those colours together. Maybe cos they are my favourites :-)

November 12, 2009 at 2:11 PM  
Anonymous Balanced Melting Pot said...

Now, although I am an amateur at this, I have realized that colors work together based on the pieces. You're right, the bag and the pants work well. But, you only know if colors/pieces work well once they are all together. I remember when I asked you if certain colors could blend and you said "I need to see the outfit." Now, I totally get it :-)

November 12, 2009 at 4:22 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Das my friend Faye tooooo!

November 12, 2009 at 5:06 PM  
Blogger Martini said...

Kimya and Caitlin---I took this picture very quickly, and was in such a rush that I didn't ask Faye her name. Darn! I'm glad to know her name.

Judy--You're right those are Lakers colors! I didn't put the two together.

BMP--If it works in nature it'll work in reality...the only issue becomes whether or not the colors go with your skin tone. just an added complication :-)

November 12, 2009 at 9:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Color Theory at it's best. Yellow/purple, red/green, blue/orange. Brava!

November 12, 2009 at 10:29 PM  
Blogger Mariel said...

Ohh Emerson colors, my favorites!!

November 13, 2009 at 10:35 AM  
Blogger SK said...

LAKERS!!

November 13, 2009 at 8:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home