Tuesday, October 13, 2009

L'Aroma style: Clarendon Street, Boston





Hands down L'Aroma Cafe is one of my favorite cafes in the city. The coffee is good, the pastries are delicious, and when I'm hosting a brunch, their quiches have always made me into the hostess with the mostess.

When it comes to style-hunting for the blog, boy, does L'Aroma make my life easier. All I have to do is walk in, place my order, and sit back to read my book or paper. Sure enough, within 1 to 2 hours, I'll get at least a few pictures of patrons.

I've started to wonder, though. Do I love L'Aroma because it makes life so easy? After all, there is no walking up and down the streets to "actively" style-hunt. All I have to do is sit there and wait.

Or do I love L'Aroma because it's such a great place to study or read? I've pondered this a bit, and honestly, I'll never know.

As an FYI, Katie in the top picture works at Intermix and is in Stella McCartney (dress and sweater). Thomas's tie and sweater are Ralph Lauren.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Anonymous garry said...

This is a quality look, cardigan and tie combo is unique, and he portrays an air of suave!

October 13, 2009 at 6:21 AM  
Blogger AbbieBabble said...

I love L'Aroma! I've been going there since I was in high school and it was Torrefazione. Or something like that.

October 13, 2009 at 6:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you take those photos on monday? I don't remember the weather being so nice... if you did, i missed out :(

October 13, 2009 at 9:45 AM  
Blogger Martini said...

Hi Eclip5e--I was there yesterday. For some reason I lucked out with the weather. These pics were all taken before 2pm though. The sun was adamant on shining bright and strong on Clarendon St so I stuck with that location.

Hey AbbieBabble--I remember it when it was Torrefazione. I loved it then too. Something about the location and the coffee that has always worked for me.

October 13, 2009 at 6:22 PM  
Blogger Martini said...

Garry--thank you! I love that cardigan and when Thomas walked in, I definitely zoomed in on that sweater.

October 13, 2009 at 6:23 PM  
Anonymous Acaislim said...

Great!
I love it.

October 18, 2009 at 1:02 PM  
Blogger Kiwi said...

Oh how I miss L'Aroma! Definitely one of my favourite places too, and was a regular haunt when I was in Boston...

Great photos though, practically made me feel that crisp and snuggly yet surprisingly sunny fall New England weather!

October 20, 2009 at 3:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home