Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Liz in white...Tremont Street

I took this one a while ago. Liz was just coming back from her pedicure. The sandals are kitsch, but add fun factor to her outfit.

I’m drawn to this outfit because it’s a blank canvas. It’s great in its simplicity but because the colors are neutral; you can go anywhere from here. You can funk it up with shoes, accessories, jewelry, etcetera, etcetera.

Ladies, if you do this look, be careful of the cut and length of the skirt. A pleated skirt might make your hips look wider than the Sargasso sea. If it's too long, you'll look like you just got out of the convent. The original What Not to Wear gurus, Trinny and Susannah, offer great guidance to help you understand what works on your body type.

Gentlemen, you should also check out Trinny and Susannah's rules. You may learn a thing or two on: how to trick the eye to appear taller; how to make that short neck look longer and how to clothe your flat/rotund posterior.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Clotilde said...

Thanks Martini for the super fashion links! Now that I know I'm a pear-shaped woman I know exactly why certain garments never worked on me and why I always come back to the same shapes -- because they actually fit me!

June 12, 2008 at 7:10 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home