Wednesday, August 20, 2008

It's still summer darn it!

As soon as I did the post of my inspirational looks for the fall, it occurred to me that it's still summer. So here are some looks that I've used for inspiration (yes, I use menswear for inspiration) this summer. The picture below is from the Dries Van Noten spring 2008.


As you may have guessed by now, I like me some color. Guys, if you don't have the gumption for canary yellow trousers, instead of wearing black/brown socks this fall with your trousers, try orange or a robin's egg blue.

The above picture is from Trussardi. Reminds me of my July 15 post of Tommy on Savin Hill.




I certainly used this look for inspiration this summer. Instead of a jacket, I got a camel colored Mr. Roger's/grandpa sweater, that is so neutral, that it goes with absolutely everything. I think I've worn it everyday this week. I spilled coffee on it today, so I'll have to figure out how to live without it until it reemerges from the wash.

These looks (of the gals) are from Elle.com's Street Chic page. Their winter edition of the best looks from Milan, London and Paris, saved my wardrobe from Boston winter ennui.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home